Saturday, July 7, 2012

Universal compassion






"The assumption that animals are without rights and the illusion that our treatment of them has no moral significance is a positively outrageous example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion is the only guarantee of morality." 
~Schopenhauer



I am too distraught about this topic to go in depth about it, but please visit this website and sign this petition.  


http://www.change.org/petitions/u-k-parliament-outlaw-animal-crush-video-by-enacting-legislation-with-severe-penalties


more information can be found here:


http://www.stopcrush.org/

Also artist Kathy Van Kleeck just posted today about a petition to stop the  Navy from deafening 15,900 whales and dolphins and killing 1,800 more, please stop over and sign this one as well. 

http://kathyvankleeck.blogspot.com/

I appreciate your help in spreading the word... thank you.

4 comments:

  1. When one thinks humans can't sink any lower you see something like this. The punishment should match the crime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely, thank you so much for writing in, I am hoping to raise awareness about this issue, because I had no idea that such evil things existed. My outlook is always naturally to have faith in humanity, but these atrocities are devastating to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good god - that's unbelievable! Petition signed!

    ReplyDelete