Friday, December 30, 2011

2012... A year of visions



So not only does Fanci have "candy in her heels" (she is a terrific dancer I'm told),... she also has gold in her heart.  Besides making her own hefty donation behind the scenes, she organized a very successful raffle fundraiser  for Sparrow.  I was moved at how many people took the time to respond and donate.  This online community has been one of the most amazing circles I have witnessed, and I am so grateful to have my small place in it.  I was particularly happy to see that my good friend Jess of Bloodmilk was one of the names listed as a runner up to the raffle, she is such a generous person.  Artists helping artists... really inspiring and uplifting.   

2012 has been named the year of visions, flow, flexibility and adaptation.  January 23 marks the start of the Chinese lunar new year in which we transition out of the hare, and into the year of the dragon.  The eastern dragon is nothing like its jealous and hoarding western counterpart; it is a joyous water creature, loud and thundering (I do like western dragons though, they have their own unique charisma).  I am optimistic that the new year will bring renewal, happiness and hope which everyone could use.  

How is this achieved?  Through mindfulness, kindness, introspection and self change.  These are all lessons I am focusing on myself as I have been ill and under the weather these past few weeks.  I apologize to all my friends who I am behind on correspondence with.  I am endeavoring to catch up soon.  That being said I am enormously thankful to have "met" you all. This past year has brought some wonderful new people into my life, customers who have become friends, fellow artists who have taken the time to give me feedback (big shout outs to Stregata,  MiddleEarths, and ensourdine), and everyone else who has subscribed to this blog or liked me on facebook.  I love you guys, and I'm humbled by your interest. 

So something cool for me to share is the other day a new customer and friend Alyson contacted me, and sent photos of a lovely necklace she made for her gorgeous mare from some beads she recently purchased from the shop.  Alyson has an intriguing website here, and I am thrilled to show you these pictures she sent me of her girl wearing her new necklace.  The jewelry is beautiful, but honestly her stunning horse steals the show.    




These images are thematically related to some new work of mine, and I have some big plans for 2012 that I can't wait to share.  

Wishing everyone a safe and happy new year.  xo!

7 comments:

  1. "~mindfulness, kindness, introspection and self change." how true and a reminder from you for us to continue on that path. have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2011 has been a challenging year. I hope 2012 brings you much love, joy and inspiration. This community is amazing and has done much to revive my faith in people. Thank you for sharing yourself and your art here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's something so right about jewelry for her horse!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. omg- you're the sweetest! and you put up my horse-y necklace then there's a horse wearing a necklace! when i read 'mare' i had to go back and re-read that a couple times. but what lovely pix of her all white beauty. and yeah that necklace is somehow all flattering on her lovely... what is it... chest? And i feel the exact same way about our circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear dear Corvid - I am ashamed to admit that I'd actually had a pretty darn good 2011 for many reasons, and one of these reasons distributes to the fact that I had the fortune to "meet" you, through your works, your vision, your generosity, and your friendship. Sitting, overlooking la Seine enjoying The City of Light for you my dear friend, wishing you a beautiful New Year's day and a successful year 2012! ps. Is it Dragon already? You keep track of the lunar zodiac better than I do. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i feel blessed and lucky to have you in my life. happy new year kim. xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet Kim,
    I'm so looking forward to seeing what you bring to this fresh new year, and I wish you all the very best for a joyful and vibrant 2012.

    Much love,
    Petra xxxx

    ReplyDelete