Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Blackfoot




Lately I have been drawn to clean lines and unencumbered shapes.  The jewels I reach for myself have been simple yet well structured.  I find that adding too many elements can be a distraction, and like the tattoos that cover me I find value and beauty in negative space.

Spirit echoes and tribal talismans are what I am making.  My future Native mother in law tells me that my aesthetics and beliefs resemble a world market in diversity, (and while this is a good thing)  I need to narrow and focus on what my heart feels.  I am re-reading and discovering several Native American cultural books she has given me, and have been naming my latest pieces in honor of different tribes.

2 comments:

  1. Focussing on what the heart feels is not always an easy process. Wishing you sure footing on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you stregata, you are a very sure footed grounded soul.

    ReplyDelete