
Butterfly Kachina bowl by Cora Andrew
Still fixated on making jewelry that invokes an ancient aesthetic combined with fluidity, movement, and sound. These earrings are graceful little dancers with radiant citrine like distilled light, and painted bangle fragments.

really lovely Corvid...I like the idea of sound as well. Your designs and execution rock.
ReplyDeletethank you so much Beatnheart, your work is equally as wonderful! xo!
ReplyDeleteAdore these. I find myself coming back to look at them. I'm such a fan, Corvid :)
ReplyDeleteThank you Juliette! I wanted to tell you that I was born a local and the last place I lived in was a tiny apartment in the forests of Bonny Doon. You and I will have to meet up one day. xo!
ReplyDeleteI love the movement of these! Just lovely!
ReplyDeletethank you stregata your latest Tintinnabulum also have wonderful sound qualities and sway. xo!
ReplyDeletegorgeous!!! i love dusters that play sweet music to your ears as you wear them.....can be very soothing! love your shop and your blog.
ReplyDelete......this is my third try at posting this...third times a charm......right???......
It worked! Thank you for the kind words, I agree gentle music by your ears can be so soothing. xo!
ReplyDeleteMy gracious! These are chime-stricken precious! I was listening to Fausto Romitelli's (yes, he died young) "Index of Metals" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n0_cctMleU&feature=related) while staring at these glittering drips - brought me to another world. I might have to post this picture on my blog - carefully shunning the eyes of my stuck-up egocentric malicious #^$%%^&* male composer colleagues, though...
ReplyDeleteensourdine you are always welcome to post anything of mine on your blog, Romitelli sounds intriguing, I am going to check out that youtube video. As for your stuck up egocentric malicious composer colleagues... they cannot hold a candle to you my dear. Still entranced by your doll link. Much love xo!
ReplyDeleteJust spotted your gorgeous new earrings, and am ashamed to come over here to see how much of your delicious posting I've been missing,while I've been messing about in my own place.
ReplyDeleteI love your perfect capturing of tribality ( i am absolutely certain that's not a real word!). What an amazing eye you have. Of course you have, that's why you're called Corvid!
What a delicious ball of sparkle for a little girl in pink to hold in her hand!! That belongs in an earlier post, sorry. Very cute though!
xoxoxo
I made it over here from fanci's place..and I love, love those earrings up there! I'm looking forward to poking around a little more here.
ReplyDeletePetra, I have been remiss in all my blog reading too, but it always makes me smile to see your name. Thank you for the kind words, coming from an artist like you this humbles me.. by the way I like tribality. Your latest clay work is just beautiful. xo!
ReplyDeleteGallery 13 welcome, I am so glad you like those earrings, it is always nice for me to meet new people who are friends of fanci's.