Sunday, September 11, 2011

autumnal whispers


These vintage starburst lockets were such a sweet find, also I have been collecting rose montees lately and am starting to incorporate them in as many things as possible.  I have always been drawn to lockets and the secrets they hold within.   



My mom has planted Japanese persimmon trees in every house that she has lived in.  The fruit is beautiful and I associate persimmons with the arrival of the fall season.  Leaves are starting to drop and I actually felt a cooler wind this evening which is a nice break from the hot and humid days we've been experiencing.  The lovely antique Victorian photo album page can be found in Sparrow's other shop: here.  Finding a good backdrop is one of the most challenging aspects in photographing jewelry and small things.

Sparrow sent me a link to this handmade portrait, and the poignancy it evokes pulls at my heart.  I don't have much to say of late... we have had some sadness touch our family recently, and so I am still dwelling in a quiet space.

2 comments:

  1. Your work is always lovely...I hope you know how much your sharing through your blog is appreciated... even by those of us who are usually silent. May gentle peace and joy be yours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank yo Diana, your words are much appreciated. xoxo!

    ReplyDelete